SEO in 2023: The #1 Trend (AI) and Our Prediction
With the rapid advancements in AI technology, it’s now possible to automate many tedious and time-consuming SEO tasks. New AI-powered chatbots show great potential for revolutionizing the SEO industry in 2023, but you must understand their impact on search results first…
Google has a long-standing policy of rewarding high-quality content, regardless of whether humans or machines produce it, but using AI content with “the primary purpose of manipulating ranking in search results violates Google’s spam policies” (Source: Google).
From optimizing your headlines and meta descriptions to improving the readability and relevance of your content, AI copywriting tools can take your SEO strategy to the next level… with your guidance. Understanding Google’s outlook on AI-generated content will be key as we head into this new era of search AI.
Luckily for us, Google just made a statement about their take on AI-Generated content. SearchEngineJournal covers the latest update and helps “set the record straight” with an in-depth review, most of which is included below.
(Image Source: developers.google.com)
So, what does this mean for SEO in 2023 and beyond?
Utilizing AI software, such as ChatGPT, to assist in content development will be the #1SEO trend, but using it correctly will establish the real winners.
- When using AI tools, create only people-first content and follow Google’s newly revised Google E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness).
- Insert anecdotes and curate AI content in a way that it’s different and unique to you, adding distinctive value and originality.
- Maintain credibility with your audience by noting when there is substantially AI-generated content.
- Do not use ChatGPT to develop high-volume, low-value content to influence search results. This will violate Google’s spam policies.
Examples of Using ChatGPT as a Tool for SEO:
- Creating Outlines for Content
- Creating Headlines
- Keyword Research Ideas
- Assisted Content Development
- Generating Meta Titles & Descriptions
(Image Source: chat.openai.com)
If you want to stay ahead of the curve and unlock the full potential of AI for your SEO strategy, now is the time to pay attention. Remember, only let these AI tools do some of the work. Make sure to lead the process. You need to be in the driver’s seat.
Reach out to us at Alphametic and let us know if you found this helpful or if you’re interested in discussing how you can implement AI into your marketing workflow.
Associate Director of Digital Marketing at Alphametic.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!